Well I woke up in a very good mood this morning as I got up to do my morning ritual; cleanse, coffee, catch up and as I went to check my email I noticed a comment stating I was nominated for a Liebster Award, and I am quite excited since it’s my first blog award. So first off I’d like to thank Shruti for nominating me, I really appreciate it, and I’ve been walking around with the biggest smile. I’m honored you would even consider me out of all the great blogs on word press, I’m extremely grateful for the opportunity.
As a nominee, I have a few assignments to do
Here it is…
1) Post eleven facts about yourself
2) Answer the questions the tagger has set for you and create eleven questions for people you’ve nominated
3) Choose eleven people (with fewer than 200 followers) to give this award to and link them in your post
4) Go to their page and tell them
5) Remember, no tag backs
1) I have an extremely large Snapple cap collection, I’m not quite sure why but when I began high school I starting drinking Snapple a lot and I thought the caps were amazing, so I figured if I collect a massive amount I could create a portrait. The only problem is I cannot seem to find a frame large enough or circular enough for what I’m picturing in my head. So I have about 6 years of Snapple caps in my closet.
Now that I read this I realize how weird it is.
2) I LOVE to bake. I make cupcakes of all varieties, this October I did a 31 days of spooky sweets and treats, I had a bit of fun, although I don’t think my mother appreciated the extra sugar around the house.
3) My best friend and I have an assorted array of funny faces we make. She’s the only person I can make these faces with and we would make them in public, it’s quite hilarious, she always manages to bring a smile to my face.
4) I hate talking on the phone I always get the feeling the other person can’t hear me and half the time I can’t hear them.
5) My name has always confused me a bit, Sharde Maguez Shanley , ( South African, Lebanese, Irish) My father is actually Ecuadorian and my mother is of Irish, Scottish decent and my name is completely out of whack. Even though growing up I hated my name because I got teased quite a bit I’m now at a point where I embrace the conversations my name brings up.
6) I have always loved animals, at the moment I have a pit-bull, two shiatsus and two tabby cats. Normally ill rescue a pet and pass it on to a better family but some ended up staying. I have had ferrets, hamsters, gerbils, fish, cats and dogs and I loved them all ❤
7) I believe I have the soul of a hippie, I’m jealous I wasn’t able to be at Woodstock, I’m jealous I couldn’t see Jimi Hendrix perform live, I’m upset I got stuck in this generation where music is just horrible and offensive.
8) I daydream quite a lot, everyone has caught me lost in a daze, and I have this habit of thinking about one thing that leads to another and then hops to another. For example, this morning as I was driving home I saw a license plate from Maine, I then recollected the time I went to Maine and how delicious the lobster was. As I thought about lobster in Maine I remember that Bj’s had a sale on lobster, which then reminded me that I have to renew my membership which cost 50 dollars which then reminded yet again how broke I am, so I sat in my car all pissed about how broke I am all because of that license plate. So sometimes I get mad at myself.
9) I am utterly and impossibly impatient; I tell people that I have arrived 20 minutes before I actually arrive because a majority of the time their late and I’m impatient.
10) I don’t believe in religion but I do believe there is a God.
11) I’m a tomboy for the most part, I get girly when I need to but it’s not an everyday event.
So now we answer Shruti’s questions
- Have you felt the brush of love?
I’m always shy when I get asked this question or those similar; I’m weird about expressing my loving feelings. I have however been dating my high school sweetheart for what is practically 6 years now and I am definitely in love with him.
- Why did you start blogging?
I started mostly cause this year started off horrible for me, my father had gotten arrested, my financial aid money was somehow taken from me, and I was laid off and after 9 months of job hunting there was nothing and I was going crazy in my house. I remember I was on my computer one day and somehow this ad about word press appeared and I did my research and thought maybe I could do something productive with my time since I was running low on luck. My mother had pushed me towards putting myself and my work out there she said it may change things for me, so I listened to her and I think I have been a lot calmer since.
- What did you first feel when you saw the nomination?
I was so happy I couldn’t stop moving, I began jumping everywhere and I had the biggest smile on my face it practically hurt.
- If you had to describe yourself in one word, what would it be?
Calm, I’m at a different point in life where I’m so chilled about everything, before I would get angry easily or bothered or irritated and I was quite honestly mean but now I’m super chilled and calm.
- One advice you would give to me as a friend.
Live life calmly and remember shit happens.
- What does this nomination mean to you?
It means I’ve done something it’s like a milestone, at first I was hesitant to do this but now that I was nominated and all the positive feedback I get, I’m proud of myself, I’ve done something with myself.
- Reading or writing- which suits you more?
Writing, I can get lost in a good book but I get an intensive high from getting lost in my own world or writings.
- What is the best and the worst pick up line that you have got?
Well I think the best one was the maintence guy who told me my smile brought the light of angels to his day, I was impressed but not that impressed haha. The worst pick up line I got was “I got that subway foot long mami don’t be scared” followed by the creepiest eye stare. I was completely disgusted but instead of cursing him to another world I laughed hysterically for a long time and that definitely hurt him.
- If you could choose your moment of death, how would you wish to bid goodbye?
I would wish to get to an age where I know I’m done and I go peacefully and willingly in my sleep. I’ve had aunts who the family say picked when they wanted to pass and it happened and they say they went peacefully like that.
- Have you ever betrayed a friend?
No but I have been betrayed
- Finally, if you had to choose between friend and love, which would you pick?
I’ve seen friends come and go, but the love of my family and boyfriend have stood by me.
And now it’s my turn to nominate 11 of my fellow bloggers
Well I guess now it’s my time to ask the questions
- If it was your last day on this planet, what’s the one thing you must do?
- What was the happiest moment of your life?
- What do you think of the world you live in?
- If you had one wish, what would it be?
- What is the craziest thing you have ever seen?
- If you were to ask the next person you see to describe you in two words what would they be?
- When you were little what did you dream of becoming?
- If you could be someone else for a day who would it be?
- What’s your best feature?
- When receiving this nomination what were your first thoughts?
- What’s your favorite holiday and why?